Friday, March 16, 2007

Nadia and Marion: so alike it's almost weird



This is Nadia Pineda aka. Pinata -- Sara's pig was named after her - this is no small honour

I work with her everyday in the office, she is seen here modeling one of the new tool boxes we purchased together in Tegucigalpa for the workers.
Let me break it all down for you

Nadia: speaks Spanish,English and understands everything in between
Marion:speaks English and a form of Spanish involving a lot of charades and strange sounds

Nadia: supplies the petty cash
Marion: never has any cash

Nadia: classy
Marion: clompy

Nadia: drives like a mad woman through the streets of Tegucigalpa, explaining to me that " Teguc is a crazy city for crazy people"...as I clench the seat and scream.
Marion: rides her new red bike

Nadia: smart enough to stay on the surface, out of scuba equipment
Marion: way too excited to safely scuba

Nadia: has never been carried,crawled, stumbled, or propped up in anyway during our trips to Roatan
Marion: well... she always made it home

Nadia: Can dance the Punta, a very sexy Latin American dance involving a lot of bum shaking
Marion: has decided that Latin America is not yet ready for her version of the Punta

5 comments:

philrosenstein said...

Eso me gusta!

morganeliasmurray said...

Nowhere is ready for Marion's version of Punta.

Eric Formo said...

hey marion, good to see your havin fun, how long are you down there for? i just googled it to find everything out...i'm a nerd, what can i say. i was just in cancun for the past 6 months...just a little drive up north from you.

Unknown said...

It is so nice to be able to read the words of one of my favorite people.

It looks like I am going to be spending the summer in Elkford, as long as I pass the drug test, hehe. I am really looking forward to it. I guess that "really looking forward to it" is an understatement and a cop out. In reality, the majority of thoughts in my head involve walking through the soccer field of the elementary school around twilight. Walking to the top of the little hill and falling to the ground on my stomach with my arms stretched out. Listening to the ground, the town, the valley as it lives. That's more like it.

I still look at the painting that you gave me, everyday. And reading these words of yours, it is clear to me that you need to be creating. I'm glad that you are.

I'm also moving to Vancouver.

More later.

Love,

Alec

Marion said...

See you there Alec, save a place for me on the hill.